Since 1994, Matasano researchers have had founding roles in the first security research labs, discovered new classes of vulnerabilities, secured operating systems, and shipped large software projects. We’ve been behind some of the first breaks in SAN technology, virtualization, and financial protocols.
Our work has been featured in Network World, eWeek, Forbes, Macworld, Wired, and the Washington Post, and at conferences ranging from Black Hat to Gartner.
Matasano was founded by some of the most successful security researchers in the field; our work includes “Insertion, Evasion, and Denial Of Service,” which defeated every Intrusion Detection product shipping at the time of its release, and numerous vulnerabilities published in closed-source products. Team member for team member, Matasano offers more practical experience assessing products, applications, and infrastructure than any other services organization.
- Experts in information security and vulnerability analysis, extensively quoted and cited throughout industry and academia, offering over 50 combined years experience.
- Founders of ISS X-Force and Secure Networks, Inc., the industry’s first vulnerability labs.
- Authors of numerous published vulnerabilities in shipping commercial products ranging from embedded routers to operating systems to applications.
- Expert black-box testers; authors of most widely-cited paper in network security product testing.
- Trusted advisors to and proven leaders at organizations such as Microsoft, Arbor Networks, @stake, SecurityFocus, and Internet Security Systems.
- Veteran software developers; lead roles on shipping products on teams with tens of engineers. Code written by Matasano team members runs in the backbone of every tier 1 ISP worldwide.
- Major training engagements within the Fortune 100, trained thousands of engineers, multiple book authorship credits.